gaffer tape, mate. Bind the beast.

On 1/29/16 5:58 AM, Steve Cottrell wrote:
The Wisdom of the List has been summoned!

I'm trying to find a cat 5e or 6 ethernet cable of nominally 30 metres
in length (but could be anywhere 20 to 50m) of the kind that is 'all
weather' or 'outdoors' type. I have bought several already but these
typically are meant for a permanent installation and although well-
sheathed and 'heavy duty' they all suffer from a 'lightness' and as soon
as you unwind them, they bounce around refusing to give up their 'coily'
state.

If you think in terms of a reel of electrical extension cable, when you
pull it off the reel it generally straightens out and assumes a mostly
'floppy' state. With the ethernet cables I have, they won't do this and
resemble an unwound spring!

Can anyone recommend any type of cat 5e or 6 ethernet cable that will
not remain 'springy' and instead act as 'floppy' in an unwound state?

Any advice gratefully received.