No, the KX was the same size as the KM and K1000, but it would have a clearly visible f stop periscope, like the MX. It was heavier than the K1000, earlier tech and probably better made, though probably not noticeably so in early K1000 bodies. The K2 had a slightly lower top plate, and I think it was a few millimeters wider than the other film K bodies while the height from the top of the prism to the base was the same.