On 2/3/2016 10:26 AM, P.J. Alling wrote:
On 2/3/2016 7:25 AM, John wrote:
On 2/3/2016 1:05 AM, Darren Addy wrote:
We were smack dab in the middle of Winter Storm Kayla yesterday (to
use the Weather Channel's vernacular) and it was one of the most
impressive blizzards that we've had for many years. When this much
snow is accompanied by this much wind (45-50 mph) you end up with
nearly windswept areas and then huge long drifts that are 5 or 6 feet
deep. (I realize our 15" is nothing compared with the two and three
feet of snow you saw back east just a short time ago - but let me
whine a bit. I still need to dig the car out of the driveway with snow
up to the windows all around it.)
:)

Anyway, I was going back through some old image folders and found this
vehicle which I thought that some might enjoy. I don't know the exact
year, but it was a visitor to my place of employment a few years ago
(in a much warmer month) along with others in a Nebraska Model A Club
that stopped by to tour the auto museum & restoration facility. I'm
afraid that I don't know the exact year.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pixelsmithy/24148997704/

I tried it in monochrome, but have to say that a good part of the
beauty of this one is the colors. I also have to say that I appreciate
old automobiles, but I especially appreciate the fact that this club
DROVE their collectibles out to us, most from the Omaha area, a
journey of some 150 miles - one way.

I think it was the Model T that Henry Ford said "You can have any color
you want as long as it's B&W."

For technical reasons, the Black paint dried faster and made those cars
marginally less expensive to make, or so I've heard.  I pass this on
because, it's exactly what I expect from Henry Ford.

Sigh! Not black ... *B&W*.

For all his faults as a businessman & as a human being, Henry Ford was
smart enough to recognize that a capitalist system taking advantage of
the economies of scale from mass production doesn't work unless
sufficient numbers of workers earn enough to buy the products.