As having used the 645n but not the 645 I can only comment on the former.

The Autofocus was "ok" but I didn't use it that much.  I never used the 645n for
landscapes as I would prefer to get a 6x7 or 6x9 to do that plus the fact that I'm not
a big landscape shooter.  That being said; the autofocus did come in handy once in a
blue moon when shooting kids or if I spotted something I wanted to catch "right now"
without having to take too much time to set up.

On Stan Halpin's recent trip he had his 645 along so perhaps he can comment on the
usuability of the beast.  I know that the 645n was just like the MZ-5N in terms of
it's function layout so it made the 645n a lot like a bigger 35mm SLR (but not as big
as the 67).

Cheers,
Dave