Kim Tang wrote:

> I recall someone was recently exploring digitizing slides with with a
> DSLR and bellows. May I please ask, how did that work and what was the
> setup?
>
> How does it compare quality-wise to a flat-bed scanner or film scanner?

In recent times I've tried several methods of scanning slides. In reverse
order from worst  to best in my opinion:

4. Bellows and Slide Copier A - just too fiddly setting it up for one slide
at a time.
3. Nikon Coolscan IV film scanner - better products available now and this
is slow, one slide at a time.
2. Nikon D800, tripod, 60mm lens and slide copier attachment. For good
slides, a good method, but again one at a time.
1. Epson V600 flat bed scanner. Excellent results and scans 4 slides at a
time. In hindsight, a V850 would have been better, as I understand it
tackles 12 slides at a time, both are great with negatives and photograph
scanning.

Overall, time has moved on and the best results come from scanning with the
Epson, and has none of the setting up issues that using a camera has.

Malcolm