On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 06:50:40PM -0600, William Robb wrote:

> > An offending water droplet landed right on my slide today
> (thankfully
> > only a shot of architecture here so can take it again
> sometime). How do
> > I get rid of the spot it formed there ?
>
> It is there forever. Nothing will remove it.

yikes! I will be more careful with my slides in future :)

> > What about those that do their own mounting ? Or should I
> start just
> > getting them cut and sleeved ?
>
> Cut and sleeved is one option. I learned to crop a wee bit loose
> to make up for the cutoff from slide mounts and printers. I
> think if you are scanning them, cut and sleeved might be better.
> It would be intersting to know what a good slide mount's window
> size is.

for the present I do scan them. I do intend to get myself a slide
projector sometime in future so will need mounted slides then. How easy
(and more importantly clean) is it to mount the slides yourself ?

> As an aside question, can the HP S10 be taught to scan reversal
> film strips correctly?

you reminded me of this page:
http://www.virtualtraveller.org/epson2450.htm which i had found when
someone (david?) recommended the above scanner to jco. This talks about
getting good scans from xp2 by treating it as color slide. I wonder if
something similar can be done to the scanner you mention ? This is just
a wild theory tho. I dont even know what the HP S10 looks like :)