Ken, I remember yourknee braces at GFM...

I hope I escape such things.. but it would be my knees requiring such if it happened

ann

On 2/18/2016 5:41 PM, Ken Waller wrote:
I had double total knee replacements about 9 years ago - the best thing I could have done - I'd be in a wheel chair now without them!

My knee replacements involve a 'plastic' piece (Patella replacement) between the upper and lower fittings - typical in total knee replacements - like a cushion of sorts. I go out of my way to make sure I minimize any pounding action while being mobile - I figure those pieces have the least life of any of the parts involved. I don't intend to have knee replacements again.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alan C" <c...@lantic.net>
Subject: Re: I'm back

I agree. I'm sure you'll be out & about in no time, Paul. It's amazing what they do today, almost routine. I have running acquaintances who are still at it after knee & hip replacements. They tend to be heavier builds. At only 60kg, I seem to be OK so far.

Alan C

-----Original Message----- From: Godfrey DiGiorgi
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2016 5:59 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List

You'll be much happier! Buddy of mine did a knee last Summer, he's a changed man. I had a total hip in October and it's been great.

Heal well and do your therapy!

On Feb 18, 2016, at 6:22 AM, Paul Stenquist <pnstenqu...@mac.com> wrote:

I'm in for a knee replacement. Had surgery yesterday, and I'm already walking, albeit slowly. I've needed it for a long time but couldn't do it when I had to care for my wife. The surgeon said the knee was a mess and he was surprised I could walk. But I'm going to be good now. Getting new teeth as well. It's a full frame-off restoration.