Hi!

I have had the most unfortunate acquisition so far. I bought DA* 16-50
off PentaxForums. The seller indicated that the SDM motor did not work
and that the lens was converted to screw-driven AF. Upon arrival, it
appeared that the lens does not rotate past approximately 0.7 m mark
on focus scale.

I took it to Pentax Israel and USD 375 later I have a lens that kind
of focuses somewhere. However, the focusing range is now fully
accessible, so to say. So I took it for a walk. It seems that it also
has optical problems that I cannot quite describe. But ultimately, it
is not sharp except maybe at portrait distances in the middle of the
frame.

I am giving this lens away to any one who wants to take it apart or
who needs some spare parts - mount, SDM motor parts, whatever. If you
feel like paying me any money for it, it would be very generous on
your part. I'll ship it cheaply with registered air mail, of course,
not with expensive EMS.

Now, that I have paid money and visit to Pentax Israel, it is clear to
me that I cannot have Pentax as my primary gear because I cannot
reliably repair it even with rather expensive service that I have
here.

Finally, you know, I also have felt real pain in my wrists today
during this 2 hours photo walk that I had. So, upgrade to K-3 or K-1
is out of the question.

I will be buying one of Sony A7 series cameras (I have yet to decide
which one) and that 24-70/4 Vario Tessar lens for starters. Then I'd
buy some adapters to use my K-mount 50/1.2, 77/1.8 and Leica mount
35/2.0 and 25/2.8. This should in fact be quite enough for most of my
needs. Ricoh GXR will come in very handy as well.

So, in the very near future I will be offering for sale moderately
used K-5 with original grip, spare battery and magnifying eye piece.
Sigma 24-60/2.8 full frame lens which is very good optic except
typical Sigma color balance. Also I will be offering Sigma
17-70/2.8-4.5 (screw driven version) and Metz 50 AF-1 flash unit. As
well, assortment of filters, Pentax lens pouches and so on.

Please contact me off the list. Of course, I will have to get new gear
before I send out my old gear, so I can have continuity of my favorite
hobby.

By the way, if you have any of Sony A7 series cameras that is in
really good state that you would want to replace with Pentax K-1, I
would gladly buy it from you.

Alas.

--
Boris