-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Studdert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 6:26 PM
To: Rupprecht, James R; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: LX motor drive - question

On 30 Apr 2002 at 12:26, Rupprecht, James R wrote:

> Hey Rob...
>
> Being the lazy type when possible, I have always had my pack assembled by
> the battery seller. I initially used NiCd cells for my packs. What I found
> was that using the Sanyo 225 mah cells (I think they are same ones you
use) my
> battery vendor would first shrink the cell columns, and then shrink the
two
> columns together to complete the pack. With that approach, the new cells
fit
> rather tightly... in fact, there were times when I had to remove the outer
> shrink just to get them to fit at all.

Hi James,

Thanks for the info, I might try to track down a source of 1/3AA NiMH cells
:-)

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~distudio/publications.html
-

Rob:

I just ordered a set from Batteries America
<http://www.batteriesamerica.com>. They are 300 mAh cells... a bit beefier
than the others I have. Cells were $2.95US each. Total cost, including pack
construction and shipping was $54.90US. I should have them in a week, and
will let you know how they work.

-james