Excellent quality scan - and I don't see a colour cast on my monitor.

John in Brisbane

-----Original Message-----
From: PDML [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Christine Aguila
Sent: Saturday, 27 February 2016 06:14
To: pdml@pdml.net
Subject: 1st color film scan on new Epson V600

Hi Everyone!

I’ve had my new Epson V600 scanner for a few months now, and ironically I’ve
been using it more for document scanning than film.

But today I’ve stole some time to try it out on some color film.  This was
taken with my Pentax MX, and along the film edge it says Kodak Safety Film
5035.  Anyone have any idea what that means?  If I once knew, I’ve long since
forgotten.

Of this series, this has always been my favorite.  I did some dust removal, but
I can see more work needs to be done.  Also, does it look like theres a bit of
a blue color cast to it?  Or does it look ok to you guys?

Scanning quality doesn’t look too shabby for a $200 scanner, though if the
expertise of the list says otherwise, I’m willing to be schooled.

Comments welcome.

http://caguilaphotography.com/1stv600scan/content/hot_air_balloon_scan_large.html

Cheers, Christine