Stan,

In some way, I envy you.
This year we haven't gotten a speck of snow. My daughter has been asking to see some snow...

Igor

 Stanley Halpin Sat, 05 Mar 2016 08:34:47 -0800 wrote:

On Mar 4, 2016, at 12:20 PM, Igor PDML-StR <pdml...@komkon.org> wrote:

Stan,
It's March! Time to wake up!  Bzzzzz! ;)

Igor

One light snowfall in November, one snow storm in late December, then nothing until late February. Then 8-10” snow. Then a week later, last week, another 10-12” snow. Got all of that cleaned out of the driveway. Now it is (lightly) snowing again.

But meanwhile we have had enough warm sunny days to melt most of the ice on the river. So I guess you are right, it must be springtime…

Actually, it has been good viewing weather. We’ve had 3-4 pair of Common Mergansers fishing on the river, 2 pair of Hooded Merganser, mallards, geese, great flocks of cardinals and nuthatch and chickadees and tufted titmouse and several Hairy and Downey and Red Breasted woodpeckers, one mink, two muskrat, the usual flocks of 15-20 turkeys hanging around the yard… I don’t step out to photograph often because all the critters then scatter (except the turkeys who ignore me and keep on trying to get seed from my bird feeders).

stan