I accidentally clicked on the wrong Mail folder and wound up in an old
PDML-related stash from long ago. The timeframe for the following, July 2004,
is around the time the *ist-D was introduced IIRC:

> Actually, Pentax have long had a FA 87/2.4 Macro Limited lens developed that
> have not yet been released (along with a 118/2.4 Limited). The lens focus
> down to 1:2 by itself but the kit will include either a small extension tube
> or a dedicated close-up lens for bringing it down to 1:1. What solution will
> be used was not finalized when I got this info a couple of years ago. Such a
> lens could be a great replacemnt for both the two FA macros.
>
> Pål

The context was some moaning about some macro lenses being out of production
and the sky was falling. I wonder if there is any chance some bored Ricoh
executive on his lunch break will remember the old plans and restart the
creation of some new Limiteds for the new K-1?

stan