You might also give these guys a look.

http://www.peachtreecamerarepair.com/

On 3/15/2016 9:13 PM, Larry Colen wrote:
I just sent my 16-50 off to Precision for repair and when it came back
the mount for the hood was on crooked:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157663635484184
They did send me a shipping label to send it back, but they sent me a
"ground shipping" label rather than second day, which means it will take
a week to get there.

I'm not happy with them at all.  When I mentioned this on the Pentaxians
group on facebook, it was mentioned that KEH will repair Pentax lenses.

Precision charges $214 to repair a lens (including a bit extra for
second day air return postage).  I'd be inclined to suggest that you
sell the lens as-is for about $250 less than you would with it fixed,
and let the new owner get the fresh warranty on the repair.

Christine Nielsen wrote:
Where are we sending lenses for SDM repairs these days?  Is CRIS still
around?  Is there a better place (in the US)?

I have a 16-50 that gave up on me a couple years ago... So, it's
time.  ;)

That lens, and a handful of other items (fa 24-90, a k-7, *ist-dl,
maybe a k-5, etc) could be up for grabs in the not too distant future.
Time to clean out, momma just might get a new camera this spring!

:)

Thanks,

-c