> On Mar 26, 2016, at 7:09 PM, Mark C <pdml-m...@charter.net> wrote:
>
> I worked in a large library before the days of PC's and developed a great
> fondness for card catalogs. Kept the scrolls and clay tablets nicely
> organized :-)

I used to volunteer at a library and did a lot of filing of new cards into the
card catalogs.  The good old days!

> But - I've always heard that lenses should be stored vertically because that
> keeps the grease from settling on one side of the aperture, zoom and/or focus
> mechanisms. I may be wrong on that but you might want to check it out.

Interesting.  I did some googling, and found advice for storing them every
which way — front up, front down, on the side…  Looking at pictures of camera
dry cabinets, I see them storing lenses both horizontally and vertically.
Hopefully, the way I have them is ok…