Bolo wrote:

> Speed-wise I was refering more to the shorter lenses.  A 1.x normal or
> short tele would be nice to have when it is darker.   However, perhaps
> the DOF on such glass would be so short as to be unusable.

        Hmmmm, yes speedier shorter lenses would be nice - but just
        imagine the size they would need to be! A 150mm f2 w/ coverage
        for the filmgate would have to have about twice as as large
        a front end!  ... ~140mm filter thread, eh? ... and the cost !!
        The large neg of 6x7 both gives and takes away; but I, for one,
        will accept those drawbacks along w/ the benefits.

        As to DOF, yes I suppose it would suffer - the speed would then
        become mostly a "focusing aid" function, probably insufficient
        to its cost in $$'s and handleability.

        Bill