Thanks for that, John. It only took 50 years to get the answer!

Alan C

-----Original Message----- From: John
Sent: Saturday, April 09, 2016 8:48 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: experimental geso Thunderhill at night

If you follow the "rule of 600", the FA31 gives you a maximum exposure
time of 12.9 seconds before you start to see star trails. At 20 seconds
any trails would still be to short to be obvious.

(600/(31*1.5))

On the K-1, without the crop factor, you'd get 19 seconds with the FA31
before the star trails start to show up.