Kevin Waterson wrote:

Now I am in search of a yet another fast lens (is'nt this the essence of
the photogaphers quest) a 135/2 or 1.8 would be quite nice, but it is a
substatial increase in price. So I will search for a reasonably priced
used unit, unless a job arises that will justify the costs of a new one.

Kevin,
Don't hold your breath. It's nearly impossible to find a K-mount 135 that's faster
than f/2.5. Your choices are limited to the Soligor 135/2.0 (72mm filter), Vivitar
135/2.3 (72mm filter), possibly the Sigma XQ 135/1.8 (77 mm filter?), and Pentax SMC
135/1.8 PKA (77mm filter). They are about equally scarce, though the first three can
be found for $200 to $300, when you can find them.

The only way you'll find a "reasonably priced" Pentax 135/1.8 is to take advantage of
some unsuspecting widow or clueless Ebay seller with a BIN price that's a fraction of
its value.

You might want to buy a fast screwmount. You can easily enough find a screwmount
135/1.8 Porst, CompuStar, Sigma non-XQ, or Spiratone, or even a Vivitar 135/2.3 (my
favorite), for $150 to $200. I've seen just one Soligor 135/2 in screwmount.

Final option: Buy a Konica body and get any third-party lens I've named for $150.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]