Darren Addy wrote:

> I haven't been much of a video shooter, but I thought I would try
> capturing video of the sun today. But when I tried it (with two
> different cards) when I went to start recording it gave me a "No Card
> in Camera" message. Same cards record video fine in the K-01.
>
> As I was typing this, it occured to me: Does video only go to Slot 2?
> Or is that something I set in menus, maybe? I didn't think of it at the
> time or I would have tried it.
>
> Just tried the card in Slot 2 NOW and it records fine. So I must have
> set it up that way (or it is that way by default). Decided to still
> send this to the group in case knowing this is useful to anyone else.
> I'm never afraid to run my ignorance up the flagpole for the Greater
> Good.
> :)

I'd be very interested to know how you get on with video Darren.

I've not really had any use of the cameras(s) that have video capabilities, as
I've had no real interest. However, this morning, a 'phone call from friend
suggested making a short video on the changes in my area over the last 25 years
(basically since he left my area), which although he mentioned as a joke, it's
something I'd like a go at.

As the function is there, I should at least give it a try. Our family was not
much into home movies; I've got a dozen or so 8mm films from the late 60's my
father made (not seen since I was a teenager) and two mini Betamax video
cassettes from a camera which probably had one hour of use in the time my
parents had it.

Malcolm