I did a Google search for "Photoshop CS6 Installation error 16" and most
of the results say "Run as Administrator", which works for Windoze.

That says to me that "Error 16" has something to do with "permissions".
Aren't "permissions" the difference between "Administrator" and regular
users?

I realize "Run as Administrator" is a Windoze fix, but Mac OS has user
"permissions" too.

This might help. It has how to fix the permissions in Windoze and Mac OS.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/configuration-error-cs5.html