Thanks, PJ

-p

On 4/16/2016 9:06 PM, P.J. Alling wrote:
The major restriction is if you have the L version, it's front element
protrudes into body of the lens, which will keep it from being mounted
on some lenses.  The S version doesn't have that problem.  but the L
version probably gives better results with lenses it's designed for.

I wouldn't hesitate to use an S version with any third party lens to
check for image quality.