On Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 9:04 AM, Christine Aguila <christ...@caguila.com> wrote:

>> On Apr 22, 2016, at 11:47 PM, Paul Stenquist <pnstenqu...@mac.com> wrote:
>>
>> I had more books than I could manage. Tried to give some away to libraries
>> and schools. No one wants them. It's a function of the digital age. I'm
>> sending them to the landfill. At least we can be thankful that they're
>> biodegradable.
>
> If you have used book stores in the area, you should try to sell them.  The
> store might do a house call—come to your house, look over your books, buy
> some or all, and take them away.
>
> Though used books stores aren’t as common as they used to be as well.

"My bookstore", Dencan Books in The Junction, is one of the few
remaining in the Toronto area. Eddie is in his 70's and will retire in
a year or two after liquidating his stock, and that will be about it I
fear. Meanwhile he still buys, but he's very choosy.

I have donated many books to one of the local hospitals, especially
fiction (mystery, SF). They sell them to patients and visitors and it
helps fund them.

--
-bmw