On 4/29/2016 7:17 PM, Larry Colen wrote:

Richard Dell wrote:

On 4/29/2016 4:52 PM, Larry Colen wrote:
It seems that the longest macro currently produced for K-mount might
be about 100mm. I've heard mention of a 200mm, and I have an old
manual focus 135 1:2 macro.

Two part question:

What are the options for long focal length macros? How are they
optically? Are there any teleconverters that do well? Or, am I just
better off cropping tighter?

I have the Tamron Adaptall-2 SP 90mm f/2.5 along with the Tamron
Adaptall 2x teleconverter 01F
to give a 180 mm Macro. I usually just keep the KA mount on the 90mm
though,
what with the 135mm equivalent that gives with my K5.

Hey! I've got that lens, I also have a 1.4x and a 2x TC for my Adaptall 300/2.8. I hadn't thought about putting those on it.

I think the 01F is a "flat field" converter for what its worth ...
I suspect sold as a package with some lenses
(at least mine came from single user)
I am not familiar with other Adaptall 2 TCs,
but the Pentaxforum page for the 01F
mentions that it is more forgiving of protruding rear elements,
for what that may be worth.

--
Richard Dell