I just applied the lens profile in Lightroom to "correct" the fisheye view to
rectilinear... Nothing fancy.

For me, the takeaway was: not much gained on the wide end of ff once you get
down to extremely wide focal lengths, but you don't want fisheye & so you have
to correct distortion/crop into image.  I've been shooting lots of interiors
lately, seems like doing that with 8mm could be a bit much, probably exteriors
& astral photos are more suited.

-c