Larry, your spirit of generosity never fails to impress me. And I might
consider your offer except that the K-1 box has already migrated to the
boxes-of-boxes corner of the storage locker and so shipping it would involve
the risky use of some alternate packaging. I can’t in good conscience do that
to the new toy. But thanks anyway!

BTW, one item holding me back has been the lack of a proper plate for mounting
the camera on my tripod. But I did uncover my stash of miscellaneous plates
this evening and will do some quick test shots tomorrow…
Of course the body base is not the same shape as the *ist-D or K-5 so the
oldies continue to be of little more than sentimental value.

stan