John wrote:
On 5/7/2016 6:41 PM, Larry Colen wrote:

Paul Stenquist wrote:
The K-1 locks focus great in daylight. Haven’t had enough experience
with other light to say for sure, but it makes action sports shooting
easy. Hid behind the corner of the house with the K-1 and the 150-450
and shot the kids shooting hoops. That lens is a nice fit with the k-1
and battery grip. Good balance for handheld shooting. If I was doing
this in earnest, I’d use a monopod and shoot at ISO 400 or 800, but
not a problem without it. All these are at ISO 1600, which is nice and
clean with this camera.

You're doing a lousy job of convincing me that I should wait until the
price on a K-1 and kit lens package drops.

I certainly hope that they come out with a K-1A for sports, a K-1 with
an APS sized sensor, and pretty much nothing else changed. It could have
the same number of focus points, but they would cover more of the
sensor. Frame rate would be higher with fewer MP to empty, it would be
less expensive with the smaller sensor, and it would have the same UI.

What *IS* going to be the kit lens for the K-1? Hadn't really even
thought about it because I already have a FA-50/1.4.

The 28-105, it seems to be selling for about $500. About a third the cost of the 24-70. It also seems to be a fairly sharp lens judging from some preview shots I've seen.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1225870&gclid=CjwKEAjw6sC5BRCogcaY_dKZ2nESJABsZihxyJIWMEiltBez3tptXCP9eW-o2q5YQoI6k6-d3ttyIhoCcybw_wcB&Q=&ap=y&m=Y&c3api=1876%2C92051678882%2C&is=REG&A=details

It does have the advantage over the FA 50 of being weather sealed.