At least I was surprised. YMMV.

Brief evaluative comments here, I’ll post link(s) later to selected full-size
images so you can make your own evaluations.

Setting: I went to the riverbank behind our house. I was going to choose some
appropriately challenging target for vignette testing, but our local pair of
geese and their goslings were on the grassy shore below and I wanted to include
them in the shots. By the time I was set up, they were gone. But I left the
setup as was. When you look at the image files, remember to imagine a family of
geese grazing below.

Process. I put the camera on the tripod with the center spot on the near
shoreline and a clump of grass just off the edge. Didn’t move the camera after
that so all shots are the same, subject to differences among the lenses. A/V,
ISO 100.

I shot at f/4 and f/8 except sometimes with faster lenses I shot at f/1.4 (or
whatever) and f/4 and f/8.

DA 15mm: Forgeddaboutit.

DA 21mm: I forgot about it. I’ll check this one tomorrow.

DA 35/2.8 macro: Dark corners at /2.8, /4, and /8. However a center crop to
avoid the vignette would leave a much larger usable image than if you shoot in
Crop Mode.

DA 40/2.8: Slight darkening of the corners. If I “Enable Profile Correction”
inLightroom (leaving the Distortion and Vignetting parameters at default zero)
then the shadows are gone.

DA* 55/1.4: Slight darkening of the corners at f/1.4. If I “Enable Profile
Correction” inLightroom (leaving the Distortion and Vignetting parameters at
default zero) then the shadows are gone. No readily visible issue at f/4 or f/8.

DA* 50-135: Not good at the wide end, not bad at the long end.

DA* 50-135 with HD 1.4x tele extender: Not good at the wide end, not bad at the
long end.

I need to shoot some more with the 50-135 at various f/ stops and zoom levels
and the same with the 50-135 combined with the extender. I am not happy that it
wasn’t better in the 50-60 range; getting heavy vignetting there even at f/8

In sum, the 35/2.8, 40/2.8, and 55/1.4 all seem to have value when used with
the K-1, without too much compromise.

I also did a few shots on the same set up with a 24/1.4, 77/1.8, and 100 D FA
Macro /2.8 WR. No detailed evaluation yet, but no obvious nasty surprises.

Some quick shots with the venerable FA 28-105/4-5.6 left me scratching my head
and wondering why I didn’t sell this one for $25 when I had the chance a few
years ago. It can’t be that bad! Wide was ok but long end quite soft. Did I
screw up the focus? I need to re-check this one.

Later or tomorrow I will sort/label/export/upload some images so that you can
see for yourselves what I am talking about.

stan