Igor wrote:

> I suspect you might be talking about a bag similar to my Tamrac bag
> that I bought and use just for local, car-based trips where I need the
> convenience of easy access to multiple cameras and/or lenses, and being
> able to lay down a camera with the attached flash.
>
> If I were buying a new bag for 2 DSLs, I would consider Vaguard bags.
> I've written on this list that I am VERY happy with Vaguard Up Rise II
> - 33, which is a messenger bag, which made it to several countries on 4
> continents.
> What I like about Vanguard bags is thoughfulness of the design.
> Besides other advantages, this bag feels big and spacious without being
> overly bulky.
> (The main shortcoming of that bag that I discovered is the awkward rain
> cover.)
>
> Vanguard has other lines designed for 2 DSLRs. I haven't seen those
> personally -- only on the web site:
> http://www.vanguardworld.us/photo_video_us/products/camera-
> bags.html?bag_configuration=1150
>
> It seems to me that XCENIOR 41 and XCENIOR 36 might fit the description
> of what you are looking for:
> http://www.vanguardworld.us/photo_video_us/products/camera-
> bags/xcenior-41.html
> http://www.vanguardworld.us/photo_video_us/products/camera-
> bags/xcenior-36.html
> (I don't think they are THAT much looking as photo bags.)

Thanks Igor. The Tamrac bag I have would be suitable for a professional
carrying everything for every contingency, but I wouldn't use it even going
somewhere by car. I am delighted with it nonetheless as a storage unit I can
find everything in at once.

The bag I need must be big enough for 2 DSLRs with lenses attached, a little
extra space for spare batteries and sundries, but not greatly bigger than it
needs to be. It needs to be comfortable to carry - my photography walks are
generally in the 5 to 8 mile range - and waterproof rather than shower
proof.

I'll take a good look at their website. I have a good understanding of why
photographers have so many bags, and yet none of them are just quite right.

Malcolm