John Coyle wrote:

> I've come to the conclusion that I will not have an opportunity to do
> much wet processing of older photos, particularly given the size of the
> archive, which goes back 49 years!  So, now I am scanning only those
> worth preserving and probably leaving to my son, as they will be the
> main family history photos.  The link below is of a shot I just scanned
> from 1972 - I think the quality holds up well.
>
> http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~jcoyle/PESO15.html
>
> Comments welcome

Wonderful image & project.

I'm going through the images I took when I was small and family photos. I've
decided not to make a call on what is worth doing and what isn't, and I'm
just plodding through doing the lot as and when I have spare time. At the
moment my boys don't see any real importance in family history or photos,
and assume it will take care of itself in the future. It won't. I'm doing
them now and sending those applicable to other parts of the (now somewhat
geographically spread) family. Someone, at some future point may find them
of interest. The real issue is getting sidetracked by some images!

Malcolm