Much to my surprise, I've only just discovered that Pentax have a product in
this market for slide and film copying, which was shown in Japan in 2014 as
a prototype but is on sale now - no idea how long it has been out, but it
costs approx £850 without accessories in the one place I've found it in the
UK.

Product link: http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.uk/en/duplicator.html

Further info:
http://www.imaging-resource.com/news/2014/04/21/pentax-film-duplicator-helps
-you-scan-35mm-and-medium-format-film-quicker

It looks very much like the bellows set of old reinvented for the digital
age, and given it was launched before the K1, talks about set up with K3 &
645 lenses. Usefully, it's capable of taking images of film of various
formats (provided you buy the relevant accessories to do so).

A product that once again Pentax is very much late to the party for, but
their products are normally well worth the wait. I wonder if anyone has seen
this and can tell us more.

I'm really interested in this.

Malcolm