Here are some photos of a SMC Takumar 1:4/300 with tripod mount.
I got it used so I've no idea if it is original, but does match the one on
the K 400/5.6 that I have.

http://members.aol.com/rfsindg/t300-0.jpg
http://members.aol.com/rfsindg/t300-1.jpg
http://members.aol.com/rfsindg/t300-2.jpg
http://members.aol.com/rfsindg/t300-3.jpg

Regards,  Bob S.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Paul Stenquist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

 > My 300/4 screwmount has a tripod mount. It's a Super Multi Coated
 > Takumar, the last of the screwmount 300s.

 Mine is labeled "Super-Multi-Coated TAKUMAR 1:4/300", and does not
 have the tripod mount.  Got it for a song, because there was a loose
 screw clinking around inside it, near the aperture mechanism, and had
 it completely overhauled by Pentax.  Total cost, for a lens that now
 looks and feels absolutely brand new, was about $150.  :-)  At the
 time, I asked my Pentax service tech whether it was supposed to have a
 tripod mount, so that I'd know to look for a used one, but he said
 there never was one for this model.  He may have been mistaken, of
 course -- but he's a collector himself, and very, very knowledgeable,
 so I tend to doubt it.  Still, there is an area just behind the
 Auto/Manual selector ring, where a tripod mount collar might fit...

 I'll see if I can get some digital photos of the lens posted...

 -tih >>