Some fabulous entries this month.
I'd like to commend them all (except mine, of course)
Here follows my comments on a few that caught my eye

"Inhale, Exhale, Relax" - Thomas Cakalic
It didn't strike me at first, but I keep going back to this one and gazing
longingly at the scenery.

"Gulf Light" - Ann Sanfedele
Fabulous light and atmosphere. The yellow shirt on the figure at the shore
just makes it perfect. My favourite for this month.

"The Summer Palace" - Aconquija
This was going to be my favourite until I noticed the nipple on the
skyline. Now I can't help staring at it.
Teriffic atmosphere. Wonderful shot. Wish I was there.

"Snowmelt" - Bruce Dayton
WOW!
The result is not as good as the print, he says. Well, this is absolutely
stunning. So clear and sharp. I am in awe.  It is absolutely beautiful.

"False Creek - After the Storm" - James Adams
This is almost surreal. It has a sort of luminous quality to it. You were
actually out biking in this weather!

"Old Barn and Silos" - Butch Black
I like the colours on this one. Plus I have a fascination for barns.

"Colors of the Night" - Artur Ledóchowski
Great colours on this one too. Lovely and sharp. My fascination extends to
bridges too. Love them.

"Windy Picnic" - Amita Guha
Like this one. Nicely observed.
Is the lampost bending too, or is it alway like that?

"Flatiron in the Fog" - Frank Theriault
Looks like a postcard out of the 1920s. Hard to believe this is Toronto, 2002
Just one thing puzzles me - this is black and white film, but I can see
colour in the image - or is it my monitor?

"Fragile Fern" - Geoffrey Stevens
Nice colours, lovely and sharp. I can see why taking the dog is optional.
They either pull your arm off when you're trying to frame a shot, trample
the undergrowth or stick their wet nose on your lens. (mine does the latter)

"Calla" - Y.P.Wan
This is taken outside! Wow. This is really beautiful

"Leaning Tree" - Kathleen Leickly
This almost looks like a painting. The colours are superb and the branches
of the leaning tree stand out really well against the background.

"Tree on Fire " - Jostein Øksne
How on earth did you manage this? This is brilliant. Sheer genius.

"Night Sculpture" - Gabriel Bovino
I too, like the way the bright colours stand out against the dark sky. I'm
wondering if it would look better without the two thin blue sticky things
on the left but I can't decide. Great abstract shot.

"Walking Shadow" - Gianfranco Irlanda
This is an excellently observed shot.
My eyes tell me it's a shadow. My head tells me it's either upside down or
the shot is taken from underneath a glass pavement. i habe to keep going
back to look at this one.

"Le Petit Prince" - Harald Rust
Perfectly posed.

"Painted Fox" - Vic MacBournie
Weird. Reminds my of my dog.
Would like to see the original of this shot.

"Just how long does it take" - Mick Maguire
Very Elliot Erwitt. This one ties for joint favourite with annsan. Reminds
me of my other dog...

"Annie and Brodie" - James Donnellan
Another nice shot. Does that bag contain what I think it contains?

That's all for now. I've really enjoyed viewing this month's PUG. Thanks to
all for a great show!

Wendy

---
Wendy Beard