Last night we went up towards the end of Empire Grade (between Jamison Creek and Lockheed) to try some night photography. I wanted to try out both astrotracer and the Rokinon 24/1.4 with the K-1.

This might be the nicest shot photographically. I was mostly looking to learn the gear, but it's nice when you get something half decent out of the attempt.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/27430114234/in/album-72157667732608714/

This images is a real cipher, because when I look at it in lightroom, the burn-in from the adjustment brush is a lot more even. At first I got the weird artifact even in loupe mode, but not in develop. I've gotten rid of it in loupe mode, but it is showing up in flickr.

Full album shot with the 24/1.4 and the 15-30, some in astrotracer here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157667732608714/with/28044022275/

If fluidr cooperates, you can see them with exif data here:
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157667732608714/with/28044022275/

I also had a go at photographing Andromeda, shot with the
takumar (bayonet) 1:2.5 135mm (actually Luiz's copy of the lens)
A* 200/2.8
FA 80-200/2.8
Tamron Adaptall 300/2.8 (some in crop mode)

http://www.fluidr.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157670435249006

Since it was an experimental session, I've got a range of exposures with the different lenses, I also showed some without cropping in lightroom to show the field of view of each lens.