I wasn't a better photographer when I had less equipment, but I may have
benefited from having to work for years with a 35mm camera and two lenses plus
a 6x6 TLR. My lenses were scratched and incapable of truly good work but I was
able to do well enough to publish numerous photos. Now with much better
equipment I can produce much better results. Perhaps photographers should have
to shoot with shit for twenty years or so but once they learn their craft, good
equipment will prove a tremendous advantage.

Paul via phone