On 7/10/2016 3:55 PM, Mark Roberts wrote:
Igor PDML-StR wrote:

Something just hit me, provoking this line of thoughts...

Preamble:
How many times have you heard (usually from people you don't know
closely): "You've got nice photos, you must have a nice camera!".

I have heard this precisely zero times. I think it's a photographer's
Urban Legend.

I've heard it, from well intentioned people who want to say something
complementary, but don't quite have a clue. I think the best response in
that case is to just say "Thank you", and let it slide.

More recently, since it's become kind of a meme, it's usually been from
another photographer getting in a sly dig. In which case I might respond
"Yes, and I took the time to learn how to use it."