Jos from Holland wrote:
Going through the metadata of K5 and K1 files I observed that the
hyper-focal distance is available, based on the applied aperture and
focal length.

Wouldn't it be nice if this info was visible on camera for manual
adjustment, or even better an select-able auto focus mode with
hyper-focal priority?

I wish the lens mounts would return focus distance to the camera body.

If they can engrave it on the lens, then they can know it electronically.

Also the circle of confusion is given: 0.02mm for K5 and 0.03mm for K1.
Considering the a full frame camera will / can be used for larger
prints, I would prefer to keep the circle at 0.02mm for K1 as well. Or
better: user selection of he circle size resulting in corresponding
hyper focal distance.
Greetz, Jos