"Apparently they can be mounted in front of ordinary photographic lenses for more magnification and enabling of camera electronics."

If set up vertically, it becomes a digital microscope.

Alan C

-----Original Message----- From: Jostein Øksne
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2016 11:47 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: PESO - Horsefly

The thread on microscope objectives is pretty standard, old DIN designation.
Pentax has an M-series microscope adapter with the same thread. Mounts straight on a bellows or a camera.

If you have any 4X to 10X laying about, it would be fun to test. According to Web sources, the most suitable ones have an infinity symbol engraved along with the magnification description. Apparently they can be mounted in front of ordinary photographic lenses for more magnification and enabling of camera electronics.
Jostein