I think this challenge sounds like a pretty cool deal.  Though I
can't participage (no enlarger and I've never even _tried_ doing
any of my own darkroom work yet), I'd be really interested in
seeing the results (prints and discussion/explanations of choices).

Bob Rapp wrote:
> [...] Sometimes an
> infirior negative will be found where the subject matter is worth having a
> go at. At that point, I may (only if I have hours) try and print it. I can't
> tell you the number of times I have wasted paper, time and chemistry trying
> to make something out of nothing.

One of the labs I use has, more times than I'd really want to
admit, given me really impressive prints when I've given them
some pretty awfully mis-exposed negatives to work with (mostly
HIE).  But they do this all day, five days a week, and apparently
some of them have been doing it for a long, long time.  While I
do want to learn how to print, I don't really want to think about
how long it'd take me to get that good.

                                        -- Glenn

PS:  I'm even happier with the work they do when I give them
a _good_ neg, of course...