On 31/8/16, Alan C, discombobulated, unleashed:

>It's hard to believe it can be such a cold place.

The southernmost area of Norway (near Kristiansand) is on a similar
latitude as northern Scotland. I think it gets a lot colder than the UK
because one can go much further away from the sea in Norway. We have
fairly mild winters by comparison, being on the receiving end of the
northern jet stream bringing mild south westerlies for the bulk of the
time. A lot of that aslso moves on to Norway/Denmark also, but as
Atlantic lows blow through, the tend to loose power over the big land
mass and invite colder northerlies in on the tail end.

I'll be studying the weather as part of my schooling in a couple of
years as I move towards attaining a coastal skipper qualification. Can't wait!

--

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__    Broadcast, Corporate,