Since there are a few people on the list in the bay area, and since some of them enjoy a wee dram now and then, and quite possibly even Star Trek

My birthday party is coming up next weekend. Since it coincides closely with the 50th anniversary of Star Trek, and since people have been asking me to host a tour of the Isles ....

ScotchTrek 2016

On Saturday 10 September, we'll start the day with a whisky tasting at about noon. I ask people to bring a little bit of something particularly yummy to eat to share. In order to be able to taste the full range without over consuming, we'll pour a small amount of each whisky in a wine glass to pass around for people to sip from, as we discuss each flight. (arrangements can be made for those with issues regarding sharing glasses)

We will take breaks from the tasting to enjoy company, food, and an episode or two of Star Trek.

After the tasting, the celebration will morph into a more conventional party with games of fizzball, making ice cream with liquid nitrogen, the traditional gift toss, watching select Star Trek videos, music and dancing.

Details here:
http://red4est.com/party/scotchtrek

Logistics here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1681867365364197/

Bring yummy food, a small gift to throw in the gift toss, musical instruments, friends and a great attitude. RSVPs if you will be here are appreciated, though not required.

Since not everyone is interested in either scotch or booze it is important to note that although we will be sipping scotch at the tasting, tasting whisky is a feature of the party rather than getting drunk being a goal.