Unfortunately, mine is a much older model manufactured before that
became an option, so I just use a small torpedo level. I also have one
of those levels that sits in the hot shoe, which is where I learned the
importance of having the center column plumb.

On 9/10/2016 11:20 PM, Ken Waller wrote:
That's why my Gitzo has a level built into the base.

-----Original Message-----
From: John <sesso...@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Camera Obervations from a workshop

When doing panoramas, having a level that assures the tripod's center
column is vertical is more useful to me than having a level in or on the
camera.

On 9/10/2016 12:00 AM, Ken Waller wrote:
Kind of interesting to me that people even mention such things.
These comments were made during an image critique session when things
such as tilted horizons were mentioned.

I just brought along a bubble level and did my own bracketing when
needed.
Same here, but I find the built in level means I no longer need to
remember to bring along the add on level. And you have to admit the
built in bracketing ability simplifies the exposure issue with multiple
exposures.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Godfrey DiGiorgi" <godd...@me.com>

Kind of interesting to me that people even mention such things. I
didn't have cameras with in-built level indication until recently (I
think my Olympus E-5 in 2010 was the first), same for multi-exposure
bracketing. I just brought along a bubble level and did my own
bracketing when needed.

From the lack of those features, it sounds like they might have been
working with current but not necessarily top of the line bodies. Your
K-3 was the top of the line Pentax just prior to the K-1.