I've been viewing DNG thumbnails using Windows 7 and Windows XP for years. They have also visible in Windows Photo view in Explorer. They were also visible in Windows 2000, (not talking about WinME), but that required downloading a third party codec. The fact that it took this long to support a common format, that was previously supported, is a great argument to not be an early adopter.