Yes, for sure its worth searching for the copyright.  Then its
probably best to follow some of the other advice and negotiate it down
if you can.  What's interesting about the thread is that there are not
a whole lot of images that Getty has actually bothered to copyright
and register.  They depend more on the simple fact that when people or
businesses are faced with a lawsuit, fear of losing a lot of money
and/or their business is a very strong motivator to give in.  This
happened to a company I worked for while in Pittsburgh.  Our company
name was very similar to another company in another state, who's
business was not even related.  They sent a nastygram through a
copyright trolling attorney in Texas demanding name change and/or a
settlement fee.  My boss went back and forth with them, eventually
they settled for a case of 18yr Macallan Scotch.

--
-- Reduce your Government Footprint