Ted, well done!

You had the strength to "stand your ground", and it paid off.
(And that is probably even more important than the actual money you've got.)
No reason to dread the next call! :)

This initial attitude of the caller once again reminded me this, previously circulated on PDML comic strip: http://www.whattheduck.net/post/140034124998/wtd-835-free-is-the-new-paid-2009-aaron

But then, as a convict serving the life sentence that just attempted to escape says in a TV serial: "You can't blame me for trying".

You can't blame these guys for trying to get it for free.
;-)

Cheers,

Igor