Jack,

No, I meant the two front ducks (the 3rd one is also, but that's understandable, it's slightly outside of DOF.

I think I found a partial problem. For some reason,
Firefox shows the image at a slightly large size then what it is in reality. So, it is dynamically upscaling it. And that is likely resulting in the apparent softness. It is not happening in other browsers.
(I just realized, - my browser had some small zoom value, probably 110%.)

However, I still see that some parts of the two front ducks are not very sharp. E.g. the breast of the brown one is sort of blurred. I am not sure if it is a motion blur, the resolution limitation of the lens, or a very narrow DoF. It might be a combination of several factors.
What was the focal length and the aperture for this shot?

It's a nice catch in any case!

Igor