Interesting - I have never been to GRuppos probably an upstart - glad it was good.

Hasta manana

ann

On 10/14/2016 8:53 PM, jco...@iinet.net.au wrote:
  Being very obedient souls, Jan and I tried a New York pizza last
night, at a place named Gruppo's in East Village - thin, crisp crust,
limited amount of toppings, and very tasty - freshly prepared, of
course, in the oven we could check out from our seat.Yes, Larry - I've
noticed already being able to shoot at even 800ISO and get good clear
shots at 1/10 - 1/3.  Not had to push yet beyond that, but will be
looking to try it out.
John in NY

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List"
To:"Pentax-Discuss Mail List"
Sent:Fri, 14 Oct 2016 18:13:46 -0400
Subject:Re: USA PDML meetups

  Christine Aguila wrote:
  > Sounds good! I’ll put your numbers in my contact list. I’ve
sent some
  > suggestions via our email thread off list. Looking forward to
meeting you
  > guys! Cheers, Christine

  I have instructed John and Jan that they need to try pizza in both
New
  York and Chicago.

  BTW John, don't forget to push the ISO on your new K-5 way harder
than
  you think is possible. Take a photo at what you think is a reasonable
  ISO, then take it again using the shutter speed and/or aperture that
you
  really want to use if only it were possible to get decent photos at
ISO
  6400 to 16,000.

  for example, this was shot at ISO 10,000
  https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/9310682903/in/album-72157634684347823/

  This is 25,600
  https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/8366084507/in/album-72157632485855236/

  Also, don't be afraid to try to push on the SR at low shutter speeds.
  You wouldn't think that you could hand hold below 1/10 second and get
  away with it, but if you brace yourself well the K-5 can get a
  reasonable percentage of clear shots down to 0.3 seconds hand held.

  --
  Larry Colen l...@red4est.com (postbox on min4est)
http://red4est.com/lrc

and