I haven't seen foxes here, but our diggers are armadillos.
I am too lazy to get outside at wee hours to see them.
And there are might be someone else who keeps re-digging the same hole in front of the house. (I've sort of given up on closing it back every time.) Other large-scale pests in our yard are deers. A block down the road, people are actively feeding them, so there is a flock that is almost fearless. And they come to chew the roses.

I've finally found a spray ("deers and rabits") that deters the dears.
I am not sure if something like that can also be effective against foxes..

Igor