Brian,

I like both versions.
Regarding your question about the B&W one: I see B&W alright on my screen, but I would have boosted the exposure just a bit.

I am not sure which version is better. At first, I saw only the B&W, and couldn't figure out where the color version was. And I thought B&W was probably superior. Then I just clicked on the forward arrow. And liked the color one as well. But they are very different. The color version reminds me of the impression I had from Badlands National park, when we came there shortly before the sunset: I thought "Martian Chronicles" should be shot there.

Cheers,

Igor