Mark,

I am not sure if you were just teasing us, but this is actually a perfectly correct use of "milli". You are thinking about the unit prefixes (kilo, mega, and milli, micro,...). Here, it's a separate root "milli" from Latin "mille" - thousand.
Cf. Permille: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Per_mille

Actually, according to M.-W., the word even exists in English:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mille

It is noteworthy that the word "mile" (distance unit) also comes from "mille". In Rome, it was "thousand paces".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mile#Historical_miles

And I probably don't need to translate "mil pesos". ;-)

Cheers,

Igor