Shadows seem kind of blocked up in the IPhone photo.

On 11/3/2016 3:33 PM, Paul Stenquist wrote:
Well, sort of phone vs. camera.  But this is by no means a controlled
experiment. When walking to work this morning (I go out the front
door, walk a mile, go back in the front door, and open my office) I
came up on some nice fall color in good light. I shot it with my
phone and tweaked it quite a bit in photoshop before posting it on
Facebook. Ann quite correctly said I should shoot some fall color
with a real camera, so I did just that this afternoon. Unfortunately,
the good light was gone but I did get a bit of hay bright. I also
shot with a much longer foal length to compress the scene.

Here’s the iPhone 6 Plus pic, photoshopped and cropped just a bit:
http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=18306458&size=lg

Here’s the k-1 and  DA* 60-250 pic, shot at 118 mm, f11
http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=18306456&size=lg