Ed,

As I used to have PZ-1p's and used them extensively and had an
AF500FTZ and now have MZ-S's with AF360FGZ's, I'll give you my best
take.

For the PZ-1p, there are not really any great features that the new
360 has over the 500.  The one exception is the 360 flash has a sensor
so can be used with old, non-TTL bodies.  But with the PZ-1p, the
500FTZ is a great flash.  It has more power than the 360, but costs a
bit more.  It also feels a bit more rugged in build.

If you are anticipating getting an MZ-S in the future, then the 360
might be worth considering - you only lose on GN compared to the 500,
but if you are sticking with the PZ-1p, then get the 500FTZ.

Sorry I can't comment on the Metz.

Bruce Dayton